|If you need to get people at your centre/group set up with access to the SDB, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We need the request to come from either the Centre Director, the Group Coordinator, or the DBA (if these are currently listed in the SDB).
Comparison of DBA, DB Assistant, and Calendar person
All of these activities are done on the portion of the SDB that is “owned” by the DBA. If the DBA is looking at another centre or group, they will only have "propose" rights.
Here are the responsibilities of the SDB Database Administrator:
You can do them yourself, or arrange for someone to do them for your centre/group --
• Keeping your Center/Group Profile correct in the SDB
• Getting your membership information into the SDB and maintaining it
• Making sure program information is in the SDB so that it will appear on the Shambhala.org website and your website
• Making sure participant information is updated after programs
• Teaching others about the SDB and how it can support their work for Shambhala
• Using the SDB to support your efforts by producing mailing lists, membership lists, etc.
What permissions are given to the DBA and Assistant?
The DBA can make changes to people’s records directly. The DB Assistant can propose changes that are later confirmed by the DBA.
The DBA can accept or reject changes to people’s profiles that are proposed by others.
The DBA can delete people. The DBA can dump information out of the SDB to be used in another software program. Because of privacy concerns, only the DBA is allowed to pull data out directly.
Both the DBA and the DB Assistant can email people. They can also use the newsletter functionality to send e-newsletters to their mailing list. The Newsletter is a separate permission, so just contact Ed or Candlin if someone doesn't have access to the newsletter.
The DBA can process registrations. The DB Assistant can be given privileges to process registrations.
Calendar people can see and set up Programs in the calendar and use the registration pages. Usually people are DB assistants and Calendar people.