Heart of Recovery®
September 19 @ 10:30 am - October 24 @ 12:00 pm America/Chicago
Contact person: Lisa Su
Every Sunday / 10:30 AM – Noon Central Time/ Join Anytime
“Sobriety is finding a new way of living that involves engagement where there was withdrawal; generosity where there was self-centeredness; community where there was isolation; joy where there was bitterness; trust where there was cynicism.”
– Kevin Griffin, One Breath at a Time: Buddhism and the Twelve Steps
The Heart of Recovery® is a group meeting at the Shambhala Center focused on sharing support while bringing together contemplative practice and a commitment to sobriety. Newcomers will learn basic meditation techniques to enhance, not replace, their own recovery program in a familiar and comfortable environment. Experienced meditators will discover new ways to deepen their current practice while supporting the group.
Meeting format includes:
• sitting practice
• a topic offering in the form of brief comments/reading by the facilitator
• discussion and exploration by group members
• sharing our personal experience, strength, and hope
• dedication of merit
Open to all who are:
• Buddhist practitioners from any tradition, or
• from any 12 step or other recovery program, or
• individuals interested in exploring the relationship of meditation to recovery from addiction and addictive behaviors
Questions about Heart of Recovery®?
Contact: [email protected]
* PLEASE NOTE: After your registration is processed, the Zoom link will be sent to your email. Please check your spam folder if you do not see it. If you register right before the session, please email [email protected] for the Zoom link.