Meets twice a month, 1st and 3rd Mondays at 7PM
Queer Dharma is an open community of meditation practitioners led by and for LGBTQ+ people and their friends. Join us for meditation practice followed by conversation or book discussion. The vision of the Seattle Shambhala Center’s Queer Dharma group is to cultivate a space that is open and safe for all sexual orientations and gender identities to connect through meditative and contemplative practice.
Please note: There is no dedicated facilitator for this group. The space is open on 1st and 3rd Mondays at 7 PM for those who wish to practice together. Meditation and following conversation or book discussion will be guided by the wisdom of the group. If you’re interested in assisting with supporting Queer Dharma, please reach out to [email protected]
$10 suggested donation
Please join us. We look forward to seeing you!
The group is conducted in a safe, relaxed setting and has a friendly atmosphere.
Location: Seattle Shambhala Center, 3107 E Harrison St, Seattle.
Questions? Contact [email protected]
Articles of interest:
• The black queer Buddhist teacher who is smashing stereotypes and leading an awakening on the left by Jack Jenkins
• My Body, My Life by Lama Rod Owens
• Queer Dharma: The Truth Of Being Queer by Acharya Eve Rosenthal
• The Queer Feminist Rigden: Cutting through embedded patriarchy. Developing Trans* Competence in Buddhism by Alex Vlasic
• Webinar: Radical Dharma, white supremacy and liberation – a webinar with Rev. angel Kyodo williams.
Books of interest:
• Radical Dharma: Talking Race, Love, and Liberation by Rev. angel Kyodo williams, Lama Rod Owens, and Jasmine Syedullah
• Queer Dharma: Voices of Gay Buddhists by Winston Leyland
• The Way Of Tenderness: Awakening through Race, Sexuality, and Gender by Zenju Earthlyn Manuel
• When We Rise: My Life in the Movement by Cleve Jones
• Being Black: Zen and the Art of Living with Fearlessness and Grace by Rev. angel Kyodo williams