Please join us as a member of Shambhala. No matter your background, culture, faith, or walk of life, we welcome you!
Being a member of Shambhala means that you are part of a global network of practitioners who meditate and study, and who have confidence in the fundamental goodness and worthiness of humanity—and the power of that goodness to shift the social and environmental dynamics of our planet. It is an opportunity to participate in our shared work to create good human society.
How to Become a Member
Most people become members of Shambhala through their local Shambhala Centre or Group. Please check to find a Centre or Group near you. A leader at the Centre or Group can help you through registering as a member.
If there is not a Centre or Group nearby you, you can also become a Shambhala Global member. To arrange membership in this way, please contact John Shaw at [email protected].
All Shambhala members are part of an international network of individuals dedicated to increasing compassion, sanity, and human dignity in this world.
These are the benefits you receive as a Shambhala member:
- You will begin to receive important members’ communications from the Shambhala Board and the Shambhala Global Services Team.
- If you would like to meet with a Meditation Instructor, you can use this form and we will try to connect you with someone in your local area or region.
- When you become a member, you will receive another email that describes your community newsletter options. This email also will allow you to choose which newsletters you wish to receive.
- There are many ways to connect with other Shambhala community members from around the world, including free weekly online Sunday Gatherings. You can click here to learn more.
- You are invited to explore Shambhala Online and learn about its many teaching and practice offerings. As a member of Shambhala Global Community, you are welcome to automatically take 20% off the cost of any Shambhala Online offering at checkout by clicking on the “request a discount” link above the registration button.
- If you’re interested, you may also purchase a Shambhala member pin. You can click here for ordering information.
Image Credits: Alex Garbera, Shambhala Los Angeles.