Walking the Bodhisattva Path (from Shambhala School of Buddhist Studies)
with Janet Bronstein & Marion Buckley
July 31 / 7:00 PM - September 7 / 3:00 PM
In Walking the Bodhisattva Path, we explore the mahayana path of dedicating one's life and practice to rousing awakened heart and engaging the practices of a bodhisattva warrior for the benefit of all sentient beings.
The program consists of five weeknight (Wednesday) classes and a one-day (Saturday) intensive. The six classes are:
- Transition from Hinayana and Introduction to Mahayana (Wednesday, July 31)
- The Bodhisattva Vow (Wednesday, August 7)The week of August 14 is skipped!
- The Practice of Rousing Bodhichitta (Wednesday, August 21)
- Engaging Bodhichitta, the Six Paramitas (Wednesday, August 28)
- Ultimate Bodhichitta - Shunyata (Wednesday, September 4)
- The Heart Sutra (Saturday, September 7)
The primary text for the program is Taming the Mind and Walking the Bodhisattva Path, which was distributed in the "Taming the Mind" class, and Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism.
Open to everyone.
Generosity Policy applies: The Birmingham Shambhala Center does not wish restricted finances ever to interfere with one’s ability to receive the teachings.
- If paying the full price presents an obstacle to your participation, please use the "Pay what you can" option for registering, filling in the box with the price you are paying. You can pay online with PayPal or a credit/debit card, or pay the amount at the door.
- If you need to arrange a payment plan, please make arrangements prior to the program by contacting Christine Dietsch at [email protected] or 205-239-9648.
- For those who can offer more than the program price, we have a “patron price”. Your generosity in offering the patron price helps cover the costs for others who are not able to pay the full price.