The Art of Being Human: Shambhala Training, Level I
with Jil Amadio
February 11 / 6:30 PM - February 12 / 4:30 PM
In this time of disruption, it is essential to find ways to connect with our human strength, dignity, and basic sanity. This at-home retreat is an experiential exploration of the view that human beings are fundamentally awake, resilient and compassionate. Through training in meditation we learn to work with stress provoking patterns, soften our attachment to how things “should” be, and begin to find the courage to work with things as they are.
This retreat is suitable for everyone and supports us in finding an anchor to our core healthiness, while reconnecting with our innate bravery. The practices engaged in come from the ancient path of meditation, and from wisdom teachings rooted in the warrior tradition of Shambhala.
Shambhala Training levels include thorough meditation instruction, periods of meditation practice, one-on-one conversations with a meditation instructor, talks by a senior teacher, group discussions, and contemplative movement exercises.
Preparing for the Retreat
- Log on 5 minutes early to make sure your microphone and camera on your computer are working.
- Set yourself up in a comfortable place and have your preferred meditation cushion or chair nearby
- Consider setting up in a space that allows enough room for periods of walking meditation.
- Consider keeping a notepad to write down any insights that may arise.
- We will take breaks where you are invited into silent periods to deepen in stillness.
- Consider unplugging from other devises for both the retreat and the breaks.
Repeating the program
If you have done this program before, you are welcome and encouraged to do it again. If you have already completed Level 1 you can register for half price (i.e., ), or pay the amount you can afford.
To register, click the "Register Now" button below. Please register at least one day prior to the start of the program to allow for processing of your registration. Last minute registrations may not receive access to the program on time. After filling out the online registration form, you can pay through PayPal using your credit card or PayPal account. Once you register, the Zoom link is sent out the day before or on the day of the program.
Note: If you cannot afford to pay the full program fee, see our generosity policy.